Mom has been busy I have not been able to use her laptop I want one of my own she said NO.
Mom and Dad take me to Dog House Doggie Day Care I run. I like Doggie Day Care they love me I jump out of the car and pull Mom she makes me sit, she gets mad if I don’t.
I want the door I hear the big dogs I go with the big dogs now. I got a summer haircut my tail is still long fur, my body was shaved I am cooler I like it I am handsome. Also Mom said she can get ticks off of me now it is summer in the south that is part of life even though I have treatment. I don’t know what treatment means I hope it works I don’t like ticks.
We go in the door I go crazy it smells like a thousand dogs. I know my friends are there I want to go BACK. BACK is where the dogs are, Mom does not go BACK we have to wait for somebody to come and get me I go crazy. Mom says “SIT!” in her serious voice I better sit, I don’t like it I want to go BACK. There is a Walkie-Talkie on the counter push the red button say “Takoda’s Mom” they come and get me, they love on me I am handsome. I play hard I bite I nip I run I hump I play. Then we all take naps we are tired we play so hard we sleep.
Mom and Dad come to get me, I want to go home I am thirsty I played hard. We drive home by the river I like the smell when the windows are open, sometimes we get out and walk by the river I like that. Then I go home I drink a lot of water I sleep on the deck in the shade. Happy.
I am Mom’s first dog. She says I am a challenge and a pain and a joy. Almost every day, Mom says there is something she did not know about dogs until she got me and I started to grow. She loves me I am a pain I like to run I am a pain. Mom likes to look into my eyes and talk to me and she likes when I cock my head and seem to listen and I am cute. I run. I am a pain in the ass I think that is good because Mom says that then she hugs me and says it again. In the car we look at each other Mom says it is dangerous roads curve she cannot look in my eyes. I put my head on the CD holder armrest thing I sleep, Mom puts her hand on my eyes to stop the sun she loves me.
Mom says she did not know these things because she never had a dog:
- Dogs are a pain, more than Mom imagined, I think I am more than Mom bargained for I am special
- Puppies gain 40 pounds in 3 months they pull on the leash it is dangerous, I am big and strong I run
- I run I need a job I run I am fast I run
- Puppy needle teeth fall out in the house, Dad put them on the table Mom said “disgusting” those teeth are gone they were sharp but now I have big white teeth I get new teeth every week they are different
- Puppies poop like grown men every day sometimes more it stinks it takes time
- Every night some animal takes my poop, Mom and Dad like that they said it sure makes things easy maybe some animal gets nutrition they are not sure I don’t know nutritions yet it sounds good
- I am into decaying animals it it bad I stink It means a bath and consequences, Mom and Dad get mad they say I am inconvenient
- I want to run all the time I run I go see Daisy 2 when I get out Mom and Dad put a double lock on the gate I ate a plant Dracena, Mom thought it froze it looked bad I ate it that is why it looked bad
I got in trouble this week and I started school I went to daycare I will tell you later.
I brought a dead raccoon to Mom and Dad today. They were not as pleased as I hoped they would be, it smelled bad it was a furry skeleton with a full tail I was proud. Mom said she will spare you the picture it is very bad.
I had consequences again, vanilla bath consequences. I did not like that I was wet and I smelled like a cookie. Mom and Dad said “TOO BAD, Takoda.” I can’t go out now because it is chilly and I am wet Dad said I might get sick so I shredded my pee pad for fun. They said I am pushing it. I don’t know what it is how can I be pushing it? Mom said I go to daycare tomorrow so she can spring clean I want to play run play bite run.
The other dogs will think I smell funny from consequences I wonder if they get consequences, too?